Friday, August 12, 2011

Thanksgiving and Swine Flu?

I am a new mom- my son is 9 months old. My husband and I have been going round and round about this situation. My Mother in law has had the swine flu for over a week now and still feels awful. She keeps saying "start digging me a hole" as an expression to show how icky she feels. The Thanksgiving plans are to visit my family in the morning for lunch and then head to my Husband's family at night for dinner. Now my sister in law is insisting that my Mother in law come to Thanksgiving even if she is still sick because her children haven't seen their grandma for a few weeks and miss her. My mother in law intends to go and said to me last night "if anyone gets sick they need to promise to go to the doctor and get some tamiflu" I really don't want to go if my mother in law is still feeling cruddy because I know she will help with making the food and I really don't want my 9 month old son to get sick. Especially now that the swine flu is becoming resistant against tamiflu. My Husband thinks nothing of this and states that the flu is only contagious for 7 days and insists we go even if his mom is still sick. He says I am being Irrational, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment