Friday, August 12, 2011

House I rent to be repossessed - rights?

I moved into my current address 3 months ago on a short term fixed tenancy for 6 months. Problem is, yesterday, I recieved a letter addressed to the 'occupiers' of the house I rent (me), it stated that the house was to be repossessed in 3 weeks time because the landlord is in breachof his contract with the bank or something. After paying for the house to be thoroughly decorated, carpeted upstairs and wooden floor downstairs I'm not to happy and I cannot get in touch with the landlord. I don't know where I now 'stand' and moving again so soon after just getting settled is more time and expense. Has anyone been in a similar situation? what happended? Or, can anyone give any advice at all about rights or what my options are? Thank you in anticipation...

No comments:

Post a Comment